Khadija joined The Wellness Centre in 2015, and currently holds the post of Associate Psychologist. She conducts a range of psychoeducational assessments under the supervision of our clinical psychologists. In addition to psychological testing services, Khadija delivers many of our evidence based social and emotional skill building groups and in 2020 became one of the first PEERS® Certified Providers on island. She offers individual therapeutic interventions to children and teens with a range of neurodevelopmental delays and clinical needs.
As an energetic and articulate trainer, Khadija frequently assists in the delivery of corporate training and special projects.
Khadija holds a Master’s degree in Developmental Psychology from Sheffield Hallam University in the UK and is a Registered Qualified Test User accredited by the British Psychological Society as well as a Registered Masters Level Psychologist with the Cayman Islands Health Practice Council (CPAM).
In January 2021, Khadija was appointed a Board Member of the National Drug Council (NDC).
In addition to serving our community, Khadija is passionate about Children and Youth ministry, family, practicing self- love, the arts and living the Salt Life!
What you love most about the work you do?
– Teaching social skills and then seeing a client out in the community surrounded by friends!
– The look of unconditional love when I ask parents to describe their child.
– The reaction from a child during testing when I say, ‘Hey, you’re awesome. You got that right” on a difficult question they were clearly anxious about.
– When I share a child’s diagnosis with them, and they look relieved. It is a moment of mixed emotions with them finally getting answers, feeling seen, heard and understood.
– When parents email me or see me at the grocery store, share pictures and give me an update on their child. They are doing exactly what we knew they could!
– Knowing that it takes a team- parents, teachers, professionals, family, friends and a supportive community!
** These are the HIGHLIGHTS OF MY PSYCH LIFE! **
Khadija Chisholm is currently on extended educational leave